Young Artists Programme is a free to access programme of workshops and mentoring opportunities delivered by artists, designers, technologists and filmmakers for young people ages 14 to 18 living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Want to Get Involved?
Taking part in the Young Artists Programme introduces you to experimental art and design projects with hands on experience exploring your ideas in new and ambitious ways. You’ll meet young people from schools across Tower Hamlets and gain access to:
- Art & Technology Workshops: explore your ideas outside of school by getting stuck in with experimental art and technology projects. Past projects have included experimental filmmaking using mobile phones, digital photography, live composition using dj equipment, music-making, virtual reality and more.
- Gallery Tours: come and explore a world of small and independent art galleries that are right on your doorstep! You will get to see exciting art projects right across Tower Hamlets, including small commercial galleries, non-profit organisations and artist-led spaces.
- Portfolio Workshops: get one-to-one feedback on your university applications from artists and members of the team at Auto Italia. If you’re feeling stuck or just want another opinion we can help – from tutorials on how to put your portfolio together, advice on interviews and applications and feedback on coursework and sketchbooks.
Working with Schools
Auto Italia works in collaboration with local secondary education partners across the borough with support from partners Tower Hamlets Art Teachers Network, Tower Hamlets Art and Music Education Services and Tower Hamlets Council. We are always welcome to new schools who would like to get involved.
Core outputs of the Young Artists Programme include:
- In depth contact and collaborations with leading international artists and critically acclaimed exhibitions and artists’ projects at our project space
- Introduction to cutting-edge creative media with focused training, support and mentoring for participants from artists, technologists and technical specialists
- Digital showcasing opportunities for work produced in the workshops and as part of GCSE and A Level coursework on the Auto Italia website
- Increased understanding of how studying art and design at GCSE and A Level can lead to a range of exciting career opportunities both in and out of the creative industries
- Support for participants to explore their own creative career possibilities and futures through discussions and mentoring on higher education courses and art school journeys
- Tailored guidance on university applications, portfolio feedback and interview preparation
If you would like to get involved with our workshops then we would love to hear from you. We welcome questions and enquiries from pupils, parents and guardians and school partners. Contact georgina (at) autoitaliasoutheast.org.